Monday, August 20, 2012

Fwustwation...


I feel so frustrated. 
     Well, not really frustrated (when I'm REALLY frustrated, I say "fwustwated")...confused is more like it. See, ever since I was a little girl, I've wanted to act. I love acting. Telling stories, convincing others of how real you characters are and just the overall atmosphere. However, recently, I've felt the urge to go to Russia and volunteer at the orphanages there. I don't know where in Russia, why Russia, how long, or even if this is really of the Lord. I have no idea what God wants me to do right now. It feels like I'm being sent conflicting messages and I don't know what to do about it.
     Don't you wish God would give you straight answers to our questions, sometimes? It feels like my heads going to explode! I'm wracking my brain for answers, praying like crazy, but I still don't understand any of it. Many a sleepless night was spent staring into the dark, waiting for an answer, a vision, a sign, as to what I am supposed to do. Just sit here and do nothing? I felt tired and confused.
Then, this morning, God sent me a little something. In church this morning, one of the songs we sang was "Be Thou My Vision":

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

     God is my life. All else fades away when compared to him. He is my vision and I must never lose sight of that, no matter how confused, exasperated or frustrated I am. Nothing else matters but you. Everyday is another day to serve you. In whatever I do, I will honor you.

Thank you God for reminding me you are always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment