Thursday, August 2, 2012

August Resolutions.

     So, I'm subscribed to to this blog called "She Learns as She Goes" (shelearnsasshegoes.com) and she challenged us to give ourselves monthly resolutions. So, here are my resolutions and hopefully, I'll be able to pull them off.

    1) Organize my dresser.


    I'm a major pack rat and I try very hard to keep that under control. I am organizing everything. Everything has a special box or space that it goes in EVERY SINGLE TIME I USE IT!!! However, my dresser has kind of just fallen into a dilapidated mess and it needs a little TLC ASAP.

     2) Schedule my humanities CLEP for this month.


     Ugh...CLEP tests... Enough said.

     3) Write a short story and post it.
     I want to be a writer, of books and screenplays. However, I fail when it comes to writing deadlines. Nano-Wrimo, Script Frenzy, whatever, they never get done. I have been trying to get on the ball and have been writing a ton lately, but I need something to actually show. So, I've had this idea in my head for a while and I think it would do well as a short story. Hence, this resolution, write a short story and post it.

     4) Cardio and yoga.
     Okay, so this one is a little difficult finding time to do this. I mean, having a job that confines you to the house, studying for CLEP tests, laundry...it's hard to find time to just run off by myself. So, I am going to try to go running every Sunday afternoon and yoga as much as possible, preferably everyday at night.

     5) Contain the laundry room!!!


     This is by far the worst. I have been horrible lately when it comes to the laundry room. Cleaning clothes, sweeping the floor, organizing the laundry, making sure it smells fresh...I think one of the reasons for this is because my mom wants me to hang up the laundry outside. I hate hanging up laundry. I don't know why, but I just do. That actually leads me to my next resolution.

     6) Get outside more.



     I don't get outside enough. I just don't. So hopefully, with running and hanging out laundry, I'll see the sun more and not turn into a vampire. I need the vitamin D...and the tan;)

     7) Draw more
     I really enjoy drawing (mostly sketching) but my endurance level is really low. So yesterday, I resolved to draw one picture this month. I'm drawing the actor Benedict Cumberbatch and so far I've done his eyes and nose. Hopefully, it will look like him.

     So, that's it. I don't know if this is too ambitious, or if it's not enough. Well see how I do and I will give you a report of how I did at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment